Kids Puppetry Storytelling Program
What do you do during the class?
The SIAPA Puppetry Storytelling Program for kids consists of the following :
- 20 minutes of storytelling with songs, games, and student engagement. 10 minutes puppet/students interaction.
- Educational content – stories are focused on soft skills and moral values such as gaining confidence, being brave, sharing, kindness, being healthy, looking after the environment, etc.
- Assisting young children by helping them to grasp new vocabulary, charging creative imagination, engagement through role-playing as well as role-modeling good behavior skills and acceptable social concepts.
- Only one puppet will be used for class storytime. Do note that the puppet does not perform the story. It simply role models active listening while supporting comprehension through questions and comments.
- Quality puppetry. Different puppets are introduced every month.
For children aged 3 - 6 years old.
Meet, Helena @ SIAPA Theatre
Helena Foo is a professional theatre director and actor with 17 years of experience and counting. She graduated with a Diploma in Performance + Media at Sunway University and later on became klpac’s youngest Resident Director at age 19 in 2006. Helena now teaches drama, public speaking and storytelling classes to children and adults under her co-founded company SIAPA Theatre. She also directs stage productions with a focus on puppetry, physical theatre, and circus arts. Her recent directorial works and performances include Pak Pandir: A Malaysian Adventure, VSC Project's DUALITY, Suna Productions' In A Different Light, and Fajar & Senja at Iskarnival 2018.
More Classes by Helena @ SIAPA Theatre
These classes are available based on your selections.